The more you know about ADHD, the more empowered you will be to manage the symptoms. Here are some books that I have read and personally recommend If you are interested in purchasing some of these books, click on the covers and you will be taken to Amazon.com:
- “Taking Charge of Adult ADHD”by Russell A. Barkley, Phd with Christine M. Benton
- Driven to Distraction: Recognizing and Coping with Attention Deficit Disorder from Childhood Through Adulthood by Edward M. Hallowell, M.D., and John J. Ratey, M.D.
- “Delivered from Distraction: Getting the Most out of Life with Attention Deficit Disorder” by Edward M. Hallowelll, M.D. and John J. Ratey, M.D.
- “You Mean I’m Not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy?!” by Kate Kelly and Peggy Ramundo.
- “ADD Friendly Ways to Organize Your Life” by Judith Kolberg and Kathleen Nadeau, Ph.D.
- “Odd One Out The Maverick’s Guide to Adult ADD How to Be Happy and Successful by Breaking the Rules” by Jennifer Koretsky.
- “Survival Tips for Women with AD/HD Beyond Piles, Palms & Post-its” by Terry Matlen, M.S.W.
- “What Does Everybody Else Know That I Don’t? Social Skills Help for Adults with Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder” by Michele Novotini, Ph.D.
- “The ADHD Effect on Marriage Understand and Rebuild Your Relationship in Six Steps” by Melissa Orlov
- “Is It You, Me, or Adult A.D.D.? Stopping the Roller Coaster When Someone You Love Has Attention Deficit Disorder” by Gina Pera.
- “Organizing Solutions for People With Attention Deficit Disorder Tips and Tools to Help You Take Charge of Your Life and Get Organized” by Susan C. Pinsky.
- “The Disorganized Mind Coaching Your ADHD Brain to Take Control of Your Time, “Tasks and Talents” by Nancy A. Ratey, Ed.M., M.C. C., S.C.A.C.
- “Fidget to Focus” by Roland Rotz, Ph.D. and Sarah D. Wright, M.S.
- “More Attention, Less Deficit Success Strategies for Adults with ADHD” by Ari Tuckman, PSD, MBA
Parents and Children:
- “Survival Guide for College Students with ADHD or LD” by Kathleen G. Nadeau, Ph.D.
- “Learning to Slow Down and Pay Attention A Book for Kids About ADHD” by Kathleen Nadeau, Ph.D. and Ellen B. Dixon, Ph.D.
- “Attention Girls A Guide to Learn All About Your AD/HD” by Patricia Quinn, MD.
- “Coaching College Students with AD/HD Issues and Answers” by Patricia Quinn, MD and Nancy A. Ratey Ed. M, MCC.
- “Empowering Youth with ADHD Your Guide to Coaching Adolescents and Young Adults for Coaches, Parents and Professionals” by Jodi Sleeper-Triplett, MCC, SCAC.
- “ADHD & me what i learned from lighting fires at the dinner table” by Blake E. S. Taylor.
- “Teenagers with ADD and ADHD A Guide for Parents and Professionals” by Chris A. Zeigler Dendy, M.S.